When it comes to football, I am an absolute fanatic. I play in fantasy leagues, I watch all NFL games and I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneers season ticket holder. Although I live in Tampa, my heart belongs to the Pittsburgh Steelers and I have been a fan since I was born. I am often asked why I am not a 49ers fan or a Raiders fan since I am from the San Francisco Bay area. While the 49ers are my NFC team, my love of the Steelers comes from the influence of my dad who was born in Pittsburgh. I was born the year they won a Super Bowl and the same goes for both of my children. With that being said, my love of the game combined with cooking is represented at every Tampa Bay Buccaneers home game with the South End Zone Tailgaters.
I met this fine group of Tampa Bay Buc’s fans about 2 years ago when I attended my first tailgate in December of 2011 when the Bucs played the Cowboys. I was blown away by their magnificent array of food and became a permanent fixture at their tailgate the following season. Last year I brought a different dish to each game and made a point to come up with new ideas and reinvent classic dishes. With the new season upon us, I decided to create a dish dedicated to a very special player who has won me over with his work off the field. Vincent Jackson of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has really inspired me with his Jackson in Action Foundation which aims to provide support to military families, focusing on the educational, emotional, and physical health of the children. Jackson in Action provides support and tools to help military parents continue to raise their children and maintain close bonds, even when separated by thousands of miles. When I learned about his foundation, I knew I wanted to get involved and am a huge supporter.
In honor of Vincent Jackson, I created the “Vincent Jackson Catch-erole” for tailgating. Easy and delicious, this is perfect for watching the game at home or for tailgating. I made this for the last pre-season Bucs game and it disappeared quickly. You can modify this recipe to your liking. I have another version in which I add macaroni and cheese and omit pineapple.
Source: Jackson in Action 83 Foundation
I look forward to another great season of tasty tailgating. Go Bucs!
Check out these game day favorites from the other Sunday Supper contributors. I can’t wait to try some of these recipes!
Warm Ups (Appetizers):
- Bacon and Onion Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Fajita Dip and Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Crab Rangoons by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Double Cheese Dill Scones by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Fried Yucca With Pink Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Grilled Corn Dip by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Grilled Gameday Nachos by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Potato Chips w/ Blue Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Liptauer Cheese Spread by Magnolia Days
- Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings by The Dinner-Mom
- Mexican Corn Dip by Growing Up Gabel
- Pizza Dip by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Posh Pigs In a Blanket by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pretzel Nuggets by I Run For Wine
- Roasted Balsamic Smoked Sausage, Red Grape and Brussels Sprouts Bites by Eat, Move, Shine
- Roasted Garlic & Tomatillo Salsa Verde by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Savory Baked Pinwheel’s by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sesame Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Tabbouleh Salad with Golden Raisins by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Game Time (Main Dishes and Sides):
- 1,2,3,4,5 Chinese Spareribs by The Urban Mrs
- Bacon Burger Sliders by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef on Weck by Healthy. Delicious.
- Carrot Slaw by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheerwine BBQ Pulled Pork by Nik Snacks
- Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Quesadillas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chicken, Brie and Apple Turnovers by Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Chicken Sandwiches by Foxes Love Lemons
- Frito Olé by Home Cooking Memories
- Gomoku Treasure Rice by NinjaBaking.com
- Grilled Fajita Kebabs by CuriousCuisiniere
- Hatch Cheddar Burgers by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Italian Sliders with Basil Pimento Cheese by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Tuna and Shells Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pressed Brick Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pulled Lamb Barbecue Sandwiches by The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup by Neighborfood
- Smoky Turkey Burgers by Webicurean
- Snorker and Spicy Slaw Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Tandoori BBQ Chicken by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tortilla Hot Dogs by La Cocina de Leslie
Overtime (Drinks and Desserts):
- Coconut Funfetti Ice Cream Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Funfetti Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Individual Elvis Pies by Treats & Trinkets
- Portuguese Sangria by Family Foodie
Share this Post[?]
If you are not too busy watching Football tonight, join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter at 7 pm. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.